Re: Effectiveness of going Bare Foot?

I'm writing in search of technical opinions.  Am I in the right place?  ; )

I am _not_ writing about running a rig "barefoot", without an amplifier.

I am writing about building my K2 and add-on kits _with one foot bare_ --
bare foot skin in direct contact with a linoleum-tile floor, and _never
while on a carpet_. I do this in addition to having an anti-static mat
and a wristband attached thereto.

My questions are the following:

Does the bare foot on the bare floor provide any protection
at all?

Does it provide protection without a mat?

Does a bare foot on a non-carpeted floor add to the protection
provided by an anti-static mat.

I first began employing this practice in the 1980's, when I was
building and frequently working on my own desktop PC "clones".

73  Sam  KN7C