From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Lew Phelps K6LMP
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:37 PM
To: Donald Wines
Cc: 'Elecraft'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3: Mike input no longer works.

What filter is set? If you have a narrowband filter installed in
addition to the stock 2.7K filter, and if you have been working
CW/digital modes with a narrowband filter, and if the settings somehow
got messed up on the mode-by-mode filter selection, you might be trying
to transmit SSB through a narrowband filter.  the K3 doesn't like that.

lew K6LMP

On Mar 31, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Donald Wines wrote:

> I haven't been on sideband for several months and this past weekend I
> decided to try to pick up a country or three during the contest.
>
> I switched the K3 over to USB on 15M, put the Heil Proset on, turned
on VOX
> and gave a little whistle and nothing happened. Tried PTT with no luck
there
> either. I didn't have the time to get into the problem too deep at the
time
> but now I have a little time to devote. I can't really remember the
last
> time I used SSB but it used to work.
>
> I have tried looking at all the appropriate menu settings and can't
find
> where I have set something weird. The mike won't work on either the
front or
> rear panel. The Proset mike works on other equipment.
>
> Here's what I have:
>      K3 #123 FW: 3.79 D1: 2.54 D2: 0.00 FL: 1.08
>      NO SUB RCVR, NO DVR
>      All current mods done by Aptos as of 8 or 9 months ago.
>      (don't remember exact date and haven't dug out the paper work)
>      Heil Proset Headphones/mike purchased from Elecraft
>      VOX Delay: Doesn't matter where it's set
>
> Config settings:
>      MIC BTN: OFF
>      TX INH: OFF
>      PTT KEY: OFF-OFF
>      TX ALC: ON
>
> Main Menu settings:
>       TX EQ: ALL BASE BAND (BUT OTHER SETTING DON'T SEEM TO MATTER)
>      VOX GN: TRIED EVERYTHING - NO MATTER
>      ANTIVOX:  "      "          "   "
>      MIC SEL: RPL (FRONT PANEL DOESN'T WORK EITHER)
>      MIC+LIN: OFF
>
> I do have a US Interface Navigator sound card interface connected and
PSK D