I haven't been on sideband for several months and this past weekend I
decided to try to pick up a country or three during the contest.

I switched the K3 over to USB on 15M, put the Heil Proset on, turned on VOX
and gave a little whistle and nothing happened. Tried PTT with no luck there
either. I didn't have the time to get into the problem too deep at the time
but now I have a little time to devote. I can't really remember the last
time I used SSB but it used to work.

I have tried looking at all the appropriate menu settings and can't find
where I have set something weird. The mike won't work on either the front or
rear panel. The Proset mike works on other equipment.

Here's what I have:
      K3 #123 FW: 3.79 D1: 2.54 D2: 0.00 FL: 1.08
      NO SUB RCVR, NO DVR
      All current mods done by Aptos as of 8 or 9 months ago.
      (don't remember exact date and haven't dug out the paper work)
      Heil Proset Headphones/mike purchased from Elecraft
      VOX Delay: Doesn't matter where it's set

Config settings:
      MIC BTN: OFF
      TX INH: OFF
      PTT KEY: OFF-OFF
      TX ALC: ON

Main Menu settings:
        TX EQ: ALL BASE BAND (BUT OTHER SETTING DON'T SEEM TO MATTER)
      VOX GN: TRIED EVERYTHING - NO MATTER
      ANTIVOX:  "      "          "   "
      MIC SEL: RPL (FRONT PANEL DOESN'T WORK EITHER)
      MIC+LIN: OFF

I do have a US Interface Navigator sound card interface connected and PSK D
works ok. I haven't tried all the other digimodes yet. I totally
disconnected the Navigator but it made no difference.

Have looked at all the obvious things, all plugs in the right holes, etc.
Rig works great otherwise!

It's probably something stupid that I did but does anybody have any ideas
where else to look before I go to the guys and gals in Aptos?

Don
K5DW