I wonder if this is the result of the software structure?

i.e. maybe tx processing is done outside of "normal" event processing and
doesn't service a lot of this stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Vic K2VCO
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 7:45 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] disabled controls during TX

On 4/1/2010 3:07 AM, HA3AUI wrote:
> I wonder if anyone else has noticed, most of the front panel controls
> are disabled during TX?
> It's quite annoying during a contest for example, where you could use
> that little time to make an adjustment eg. change bandwidth, turn on/off
> preamp etc. before the rig returns to RX.
> I've never ever seen this behavior on any other rig that I own.

Elecraft definitely knows about this and is working on it. There's probably
no issue that
so many testers have beaten them up about as much! Wayne has already made
some functions
available during TX which were not in previous versions of f/w like RIT
on/off/clear,
etc., and he's said that fixing this is high priority.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA