> But Plus 2 or Minus 2 on the dial would be a KISS method I
> would cope with!

That's what RIT and/or XIT give you.  You can enable display
of the offset full time by tapping "display" and selecting the
offset with the VFO B knob.  However, since one is not likely
to use RIT/XIT when split it would be handy to have an option
that automatically displayed the offset when RIT/XIT are on.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV