>Some people like to incorporate the split
frequency into their log so even though an option would be to show the
"delta", the output for logging purposes might remain "frequency"<

This would be my other quarrel with this. you'd need to retrofit something
like this to the option, which is likely already available for free as-is.

Remember: just because the DX says (s)he's listening "up 2", doesn't
necessarily mean they're actually listening up exactly 2 at the time.

IMO, the K3 is already ideally setup the way you want it for working split
(as is the K2 even). What I do is:
- find the DX (i.e. listen for ubiquitous "up lid", "?" etc. if the station
isn't transmitting at the time)
- hit A > B
- hold Rev and start tuning up the band
- release/press Rev as needed to catch the actual QSO between the DX and the
other station.

Presto, you're ready to go. You don't even need to look at the freq on VFO B
except for spot-checking to see what freq. you're on.

If you really want to make the contact you have to do this anyway. Just
blindly going up by some offset and firing away is terrible practice to
begin with that does little but create QRM so I don't see the value of a
feature that'll only encourage that hi hi.

Just my other .02,

73,
LS
W5QD