Hi,

No tuner is fine me. Tuners belong at the far end of the coax, not in the
shack. But is it really true that the power supply is linear? Sounds like a
terrible waste of energy to me. Switchers *can* be made quiet these days.
Switchers are also much more adaptible to various primary voltages.

On the topic of 120/220V, of course I have nothing against 220V which is a
must in Europe, as long as it will run on 120V. I do not currently have 220V
in the shack but could relatively easliy install it as the breaker panel is
just next door.

AB2TC - AB2TC