Franco, you should only use the ALC as amplifier protection.

ARRL's 1K-FA product review listed the 1K-FA drive requirements as
28-32 watts typical for full output.  Driving it at 100 watts and
using dynamic ALC to reduce the level to 30 watts running SSB
definitely will produce varying results. This is not a K3 problem.
Since the ALC had been reducing your drive to 30 watts, the K3 is
operating with the idea that when you set the power to 100 what you
really need is 30. When you put the amp in standby, it takes a while
for the K3 to figure out, by lack of ALC coming from the Expert, that
now you really do want 100 watts with the power knob at 100 watts.

The K3 has a slow power recovery curve to keep from spiking amps in
similar situations where ALC is slow or non existent.

Reduce the K3 output power to 25 watts and only increase it until you
have full power from the Expert which DOES NOT engage the Expert ALC.
Use a peak power meter, or adjust it on CW to determine the drive.  Do
NOT use ALC to accomplish speech compression, use the compression
control in the K3, which is a far more clever digital method without
the side effects.

Driving the ALC more than three times normal drive power WILL produce
splatter, no matter how good manufactures say their ALC is.

73, Guy