Hi Ian,

Some earlier versions of the K3 Utility for Mac and Linux would
produce the symptoms you describe. If you're using a Mac or Linux box
to do the procedure and don't have the latest version of the K3
Utility, I would recommend updating the K3 Utility and trying the gain
calibration again.   If you ARE using the latest Mac/Linux K3 Utility,
I would suggest trying the calibration using the Windows version if
you have access to a Windows machine.

If none of the above applies to you, then I don't know what else to
suggest.

73
--
Joe KB8AP