Hello Alan,

I agree with you that K2 is a keeper.  K2 is by far the best portable field day
radio.  With standy current as low as 180mA, it can be run all day long
especially nowadays, high capability Li-Po cells are cheaply available.

A pack of 3300mAH 12.6v Li-Po cells can keep the K2 happy for a whole day even
at 10-15 watt output power.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

----- 郵件原件 ----
寄件人﹕ Alan D. Wilcox <a...@wilcoxengineering.com>
收件人﹕ Jim bennett <w6...@arrl.net>
副本(CC) elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期﹕ 2010/4/25 (日) 9:39:27 PM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Replaced Your Pro III?

Hi Jim,

Several years ago when I got my K3 (See
http://wilcoxengineering.com/amateur-radio/elecraft-k3 ),
I had the Icom 746-Pro. Not quite what you have now, but it didn't take
me long to sell the Icom.

The Icom is a nice rig, but as the other responses indicate, the K3 is
far better. I like the Elecraft
because it's so easily serviced, and if there's a problem, the folks at
Elecraft respond quickly.
A person answers the phone, and I really appreciate that.

You have a good little K2, and you'll be happy keeping it along with
your new K3!

73, Alan

Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX (K2-5373, K3-40)
570-321-1516