OK folks - I've gotten some very good information. Someone had asked what
information I was looking for. Kinda thought I had made that fairly clear -
but I was simply interested to know how convertees liked their K3 compared
to the Pro III. Lots of replies, and not one person said that it was a
horrible mistake, or that they were sorry they did it. And that is exactly
what I was interested in - if you felt it was a good decision and if you
were happy with the K3's performance.

So, now I've got a HUGE task before me. My Pro III is in it's original box,
buried in a "U-Store-It" bin that is 30' deep, 10' wide, 10' high. And you
guessed it, that box was the first thing put in storage. OMG, it is not
gonna be fun getting to it!

p.s. - quite certain that a return trip to PJ7-land is NOT going to happen.
Sorry. That was back in the pre-parenthood days. Now have a 2-yr old son
(yeah, I know - at MY age???); vacation priorities & destinations have been
drastically altered.

As far as I'm concerned, "the thread is dead."

Thanks all, and 73 - Jim/W6JHB