Well the problems with the tablets of the past have typically been poor
performance and just being too crippled to really do anything useful. I.e.,
you touch it to do something and it grinds and grinds and then maybe pops u
a window.... etc....

I guess it remains to be seen if the iPad gets around those problems. From
the videos of it the UI seems to have good performance. Hopefully the USB
support will be enough to do real I/O (tho having to buy expensive
accessories might not be good for its long-term health in the marketplace).
Also, it seems you can hook a keyboard up to it through its dock (tho it's
not clear to me yet what that actually does for you I/O-wise). And apple has
already released an SDK for it....

So we'll see. It'd be really dandy for use with a portable PSK station for
example (something along the lines of the iPod app Chen posted a little
while ago)....

73,
LS
W5QD