I cannot imagine it would be hard to buy imperial measure Allen keys in USA
!
Even in VK land where "standards" of measure are very dubious. (officially
all metric)  Our signposts in Kilometres, goods sold by the Kilogram,
Timber by the metre,  - but they still talk about 4 x 2's and 6 x 8 ft
sheets of chipboard.....
Now, go in the ironmongers for nuts and bolts and the odds are you will find
them with BSW threads,    a size now very difficult to get in England where
they originated!
I wonder why Elecraft used  "inch" measure Allen screws??  when all the
other threads in the K3 are metric.- Perhaps they had similar problems!

73 to all from David VK3DBD