Tom

Copied by machine onto tape, then passed slowly in front of a typist who
read the ups and downs and typed from that.  My father did this in the 30's
from recordings at >100wpm to his typing speed of about 30wpm.  I've seen
the machines in the Poldu museum but they can't demonstrate them because
they are running out of tape!

David
G3UNA