On 5/18/2010 7:39 PM, Vic K2VCO wrote:
Also, it means I can't check my monitor level before going into VOX!

> Remember that TX INHIBIT is not the same as TX TEST. What you get when you
> hold the right
> side of the Mode button is TX TEST, in which the tones are not disabled.
>
> TX INHIBIT is activated by either raising or lowering a control line
> connected to the
> accessory plug, and is used for such things as sequencing in moonbounce
> setups, etc.

TNX for the explanation on the TX INHIBIT.  Yes, it seems to work here ;-)
However,
it it too bad it is not remembered by band so it would automatically go into
effect
when one switches to a band where a separate XMTR is being used :-(  For
example,
that is the setup here on 2m, using a separate receive converter fed into the
K3, and
a 100w IC746 as the XMTR.  In the meantime, I have the 2m xnsverter output
turned all
the way down in power and terminated in a 50 ohm resistor.

VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the MAGIC BAND EME email
reflector!