Wouldn't there be a K3 interoperating with P3 firmware issue with
running the P3 on the sub-RX?  Just because you could feed a
**stand-alone** box with a non-company mod for sub-RX IF, does not
mean the P3 would change the sub-RX with a click on the P3. There is a
lot of proprietary communication between the K3 and the P3 over the
serial connection.

Wouldn't a sub-RX feed to a P3 need to be specifically supported by
Elecraft firmware, both in K3 and P3?  Last remarks from them in this
thread were negative, particularly about isolation at a switch.

That aside, I believe someone using the sub-RX with the TX in split,
while leaving the main RX to feed the P3, would accomplish the same
end.  This WOULD be a problem on other rigs where the second RX is an
inferior RX, or not available.  In the K3 the sub-RX is a fully equal
clone of the main RX, making various A/B flippity-do tricks possible
without sacrificing performance in any way.

73, Guy.