The P3 is connected to the main receiver's IF output, so it is showing
the signals being received by the main RX.  However there is a cursor on
the screen that shows the frequency and bandwidth of the sub-RX, as long
as its frequency is within range of the currently-displayed span.

That's exactly what you want as long as the main and sub are using the
same antenna.  If they are using different antennas then there may
occasionally be a signal that could be heard on the sub-RX that doesn't
appear on the P3, but that should be pretty rare.

Alan N1AL