I know there has been a recent thread about headphones,
but this time I would like to focus on just the receive aspect,
as I need to buy a set of 'cans' for use 90% use with cw.

What I am really confused by is the K3's stereo rx capabilities,
with *ONLY* the main receiver.
(Looks like the headphones cost a 1/3 as much, as the 2nd receiver will)

Does the Heil Proset allow for the stereo (separate channels)?
It doesn't specifically say so.....
but the Heil Proset Plus does mention stereo

Here is the Heil Proset:
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/proset/index.htm

"Besides sealing out noise passively, the Pro Set now includes Heil Sound's
exclusive phase reversal technology, which allows the user to "move" the
incoming signal by engaging the phase-reversal switch; this creates a unique
spatial widening sound that can, in some situations, significantly improve copy
in a tough DX pile-up."

"The earphone speakers in the Pro Set Series are 200too-Ohm devices, with a -3
dB point at 8000 Hz. This combination reduces a lot of the hiss found in
receiver audio stages. These speakers exhibit medium sensitivity, but they are
easily driven by most rigs if you turn the AF Gain control up to about 2
o'clock."

==

Here is the Heil ProsetPlus:
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/prosetplus/index.htm

"The Pro Set Plus is wired in a stereo configuration, making them easy to
integrate into your SO2R station, and ideal for rigs like the FT-1000D that
have
a "Balance" control for Main and Sub receiver audio levels."

"Also provided on the Pro Set Plus is Heil Sound's exclusive phase reversal
technology, which allows the user to "move" the incoming signal by engaging the
phase-reversal switch; this creates a unique spatial widening sound that can,
in
some situations, significantly improve copy in a tough DX pile-up."
===

I don't plan to operate voice, so I really don't need a mic attached,
but it would seem those 2 headphones are among the best as far as long term
comfort and ability to do stereo and noise reduction.

Are there any other headphones the group would recommended for cw and taking
advantage of the K3's stereo capabilities?

I guess if I have to have a mike included I'll just have to deal with it. ;-/

TIA
--
GB & 73
K5OAI