Since I work in pro audio, I have a selection of very good headphones laying
around. So far, everything Ive tried works with the K3. It all comes down to
creature comforts and, to some extent, their ability to reduce room noise.
The pro-quality in-ear earphones made by Etymotic Research and Shure are
better than most for both comfort and noise isolation. They are passive. I
also like my Sony MDR7506, and the comparable consumer version with a
different number that is otherwise identical. I agree with Tom about the
Sennheiser 280s, but the Yamaha CM500 is plenty good enough for me, producing
great contest audio, at about 1/5 the cost. And yes, anything with Heils
name on it is wildly overpriced.

73,

Jim K9YC