Hi all,

I'm experiencing the dreaded PC Speaker hum every time my K2 transmits, even
when power is dropped to about 2 W.

The speakers are Harmon Kardon amplified speakers and they do not hum when
turned off.  Per other threads, I plugged the speakers' wall wart into the
same outlet as the K2 and this did improve the situation (hum dropped by
about half) but did not completely eliminate it.  The computer chassis and
K2 are grounded together with a ground strap.

I'm going to try some ferrite on the AC power cord, the speaker cable to the
computer, and the speaker wire connecting the left and right speakers.

In an email to Fair-rite, they suggested their #31 material snap on cores.
My thought is that these would be limited in the number of turns of wire to
perhaps one, maybe two turns at the most.  Would there be additional benefit
from getting their toroid cores instead and wrapping several turns of wire
versus using their snap on core?

Also, would it be better to use a HF low pass filter such as I.C.E.'s 420 to
clean up my signal versus trying to fix my speakers?

Thanks for any suggestions!

73

N5BCN - Brian

-----