Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I did the following mods for my K3 #384, running FW 3.99:

K3DSPUPGD

K3 Negative ALC and External Band Data Pull-up Mod

Front Panel Mike Circuit Mod

IF Buffer Gain Mod.

I was scrupulous about ESD precautions, using a wrist strap and anti-static mat.

Before the mods, everything worked perfectly.

After the mods, receive seems OK, audio is improved, but I have some problems
on transmit:

1)  Attempting to transmit RTTY with MMTTY now produces no RF output from the
K3.  I use AFSK A for RTTY.  It seems like I have no T/R switching.  Tune, CW
and SSB work correctly and produce the expected output levels.

2)  The K3 does not key up my ACOM 1000 amp on Tune or CW.  It keys the amp OK
on SSB when the PTT button on the mike is pressed.  It also keys the amp OK in
CW mode if the mike PTT button is held down.  I checked that VOX is enabled for
CW.  RTTY produces no output from the amp under any circumstances.

I have reloaded FW 3.99, and then went back to version 3.97 (all files), but
the problems remain.  I have checked and rechecked and rechecked all cable
connections to the K3 back panel, as well as my CONFIG and MMTTY settings.
Everything looks OK, but I may have missed something.  BTW, I don't use ALC
with the amp.

To summarize the problems:

1) The K3 produces no output in RTTY

2) The Key Out jack (for keying the amp) does not function with VOX.

Any ideas?

Many thanks and 73,

John, W2GW