Re-the current thread on using the KDVR for checking transmitted audio:

When using SSB I like to monitor my audio sidetone in my phones, probably
because, like most hams, I like the sound of my own voice! I recognise that
this may not be a true reproduction of the outgoing signal, but it does give me
an idea of the level of residual back ground noise from fans, dog barking, wife
yelling at me to get and do something useful and so on. That way I can make
adjustments to the mike gain and compressor gain if neccessary. The trouble is
that the K3 produces a slight processing delay between my speech and the
sidetone, which I find most disconcerting. I usually end up using my old TS-850
for 'phone instead of the K3 because of this.

I've mentioned this before and I believe a modification may be on Lyle's list,
(somewhere near the bottom).

73
Tom G3OLB