I use N3FJP’s logging software, ACLog.  Years ago, I helped Scott, the
author, debug his software to do CAT with my FT1000MP.  Everything worked
very well.  I could click on a DX spot in his program and my FT1000MP would
instantly change to the frequency and mode of the spot.  Since I’ve had my
K3 (#474) I haven’t bothered to set up the ACLog software to talk to the rig
until about a month ago.  Now I notice that the rig is not changing to the
mode that is “presumed” for that particular spot frequency.  If I click on a
spot on 7.025 and the K3 is in SSB mode on 20M, it switches to the correct
frequency (7.025) but it stays in SSB mode.  My FT1000MP will instantly
change the mode to CW for the presumed band plan.

I’ve selected “Elecraft” in the ACLog software rig setup dropdown menu.
Maybe it should be “Kenwood”.  If you are using your K3 with N3FJP’s logging
software I’d appreciate it if you would please contact me directly and share
your settings.

Also, are any other K3 users experiencing an annoying 3-4 second delay in
the K3 changing to a new DX spot when selected in ACLog?  My 1000MP was
instant.  My K3 really drags its feet making the DX spot change.  Is this an
ACLog issue or a K3 issue (or an OPERATOR issue)?  :o)

Thanks and 73,

Terry, WØFM