Every summer I write this little note.  If you see lightning or hear
thunder, disconnect all cables and wires to your K3.

Not just the antennas.  Not just the PowerPole.  The key lines, ALC, IF out,
LINE IN, LINE OUT, headphone, mic(s), RS232, Accessory, ground, speaker
lines, too.

I had lightning damage 2 years ago when my K3 was brand new.  Never again, I
hope.

Monty  K2DLJ