Gary,

For 80 thru 20 meter operation, I would advocate an 88 foot dipole.  44
feet on each side and fed with either 300 or 450 ohm ladder line (use
300 ohm for portable because it is lighter).

A push-up pole will allow that antenna to be erected in minutes - The
feedline and center of the dipole are at the tip of the pole and the
ends are spread out in inverted Vee fashoin to whatever bushes, shrube,
or trees are available.

A 44 foot dipole will work fine for 40 thru 10 meters.

See the L B Cebik archives - My Favorite 5 Backyard Antennas for more
details.

73,
Don W3FPR