On 6/13/2010 6:51 AM, ka9zap wrote:

> I was using another brand transverter which suffered big time
> from channel 2 tv signal, I live about 25 miles from the
> transmitter. The transverter needed a notch filter installed in
> it to take out the tv signal.

  Is the Channel 2 TV station still on the air after the
  transition to digital TV a year ago?  In this area, 6 meters
  has been rarely used because of proximity until the Channel 2
  station left the air after the transition.

  Last year we used the by-then unused Channel 2 six bay antenna
  for the VHF phone contest.  We were running a 500 W amplifier
  only because we couldn't get the promised 1500 W amplifier in
  time.  There was more loss in the 35 feet of RG-8 coax between
  the amplifier and the antenna patch bay than there was in the
  almost 1000 feet of 8-inch coax to the antenna.

  We (inadvertently) overloaded six meter receivers for about
  20 miles around. Needless to say, we scored Number One.  We
  can't do it again this year because the antenna has been
  disconnected and it and the feed line capped off.

--  73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
    Skyline Tower Amateur Radio Club
    Portland, OR