Regarding Intermod, I misspoke when stating that there was a harmonic
relationship.  I meant to say a relationship between the sum and
difference frequencies that yield products up and down the band spaced
these difference frequencies.

Sorry,

Dick

Mixing is a general term for combining any two or more signals through
the process of heterodyning.

Intermod is a specific form of mixing which combines harmonic products
of two RF signals:  the desired receive signal and an undesired,
accidental signal, yielding a series of harmonically related RF
byproducts that can impair the receive pass band.

I hope I stated this correctly and that it helps to differentiate the
two terms adequately.

Richard wrote:
> Would someone please furnish definitions of these two terms, and
> explain the difference between them--if there really is a difference.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

[snip]

Dick ka1oz
Middleborough, MA