Couldn't hurt as its going to have all the latest mods.

That is a stiffener and not really a "shield". Go to the mod kits and parts
section on the elecraft website and you can read the installation
instructions on that stiffener and even buy one to upgrade your other synth
if you wish...

~Brett (N7MG)

On Jun 23, 2010 7:04 AM, "Sverre Holm (LA3ZA)" <la...@nrrl.no> wrote:

> I am about to install the second receiver in the K3. I now have two
> synthesizers, the old no 1 which has been made up to date with a
paralleled
> resistor (
> http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/KSYN3%20DDS%20Gain%20Modification.pdfKSYN3
> DDS Gain Modification ) and which does not have any shield. Then I have a
> new one with a shield which is several mm thick and covers most of the
PCB.