Yes - that´s it, exactly. And part of KSYN3 stiffener u/g (
http://www.elecraft.com/manual/ELECRAFT%20KSYN3%20Stiffener%20Mod%20Rev%20D.pdf)
is only the first - R10 replacement (56k SMD resistor is listed in the set
of parts for this u/g).
So - for K3 S/N less or around 3922 - maybe the second one (
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/KSYN3%20DDS%20Gain%20Modification.pdf) is
better to be done in the same time I think (you need separate 51Ohm resistor
ready for it to place accros R20).
As I want to order stiffener u/g for my #727 I will be prepared to perform
both together.

73!
L. -dst-
K3/100 #727