I apologize if it is inappropriate, but I am getting REALLY confused.

1 minute off in a month. It is 15 seconds off in a week. Let's say it
takes TWO minutes to correct it (maybe an overstatement, but still...)
Now, do you really mind spending extra TWO MINUTES correcting the
embedded clock than spending TWO MINUTES actually talking or listening
to somebody? Or do I miss something in this discussion?

I would GUESS that this is all about wrong expectation - instead of
treating embedded watch as a convenience some people come to
conclusion that since K3 as a TRANSCEIVER is a precision instrument it
must be just as accurate in all its other functions (embedded watch
should be accurate to millisecond, output watt-meter should be
accurate to milliwatt, or power source voltage should be accurate to
millivolt). Well, it is not and it should not. It is merely an
instrument for our hobbies, and it is better to define its quality by
its PRIMARY function than put it down because its secondary function
is not up to par.

Oh, and for the person who said he likes to compare his computer clock
to his K3. I'd suggest revisiting the whole idea of comparing
"untrusted" time source with "independent" time source. What makes you
think that "independent" is any better than "untrusted"? If you have
two watches, one is 30 MINUTES BEHIND correct time and another is 30
MINUTES AHEAD correct time, does it really tell you anything if you
compare those two? (I mean "anything" besides of that you can't trust
either one?) Comparing untrusted watch with the one you TRUST is fine,
but comparing it with the one you KNOW to be not precise but WISHING
to be precise is, pretty much, wishful thinking, at best.

In any case, can we stop trashing K{2|3} clock here? It servers its
purpose, after all. It is not perfect, it is not as stable as primary
frequency, but does it really matter? This is the tranceiver, after
all, not an atomic clock. I am afraid than next thing people will
complain about would be instability caused by side effects of
relativity theory after they travel around the globe several times.

--
Alexey Kats (neko)