"...unwilling to pay even $1 for an accurate clock in the K3"

I bought a Citizen ECO drive watch a few months ago.  I liked it because it was
solar powered and had a clean face.  About once a month I might check it with
my internet-updated laptop computer clock.  I paid about $175 at Costco for
this watch.

But, the mere idea of spending extra for a clock on a radio is silly unless
that is a clock for my old Hammarlund HQ-170A.  My original HQ-170AC had a
clock but I got rid of that in 1967.  The one I picked up at a ham fest a few
years go did not have a clock -- just an empty but covered spot on the front
panel that begs the need for a clock face.  I still have this background
activity of hunting down a clock for my HQ-170A.  Do I need it.  No.  In fact,
the HQ-170A is in my storage garage so it might be considered really lame to
spend money on a clock for a radio in storage.

A K3 is not like that.  I don't even do the menu selection to display the clock
on my K3.  If I need to know the time, I have at least three clocks in the
room:  an analog wall clock, the time on my laptop, and the time on my wrist
watch.  There is no big empty spot on the front panel of a K3 where a clock is
supposed to go.

There must have been a time in the past where a clock on a radio was important.
 Maybe.  That time is certainly not today.

Therefore, Tom, as usual, has the right answer --- unwilling to pay even a $1
for [any kind of clock] in the K3.

73, phil, K7PEH

P.S.  If anyone has a clock for an HQ-170A that they would like to sell, let me
know.  I might go as high as $25 for such a clock.  After all, I will be
spending about $25 on a bottle of wine to take over to friend's house for
dinner tonight.  Certainly, a clock is worth the same.  The wine:  Earthquake
Zinfandel.