Peter:
I had exactly same problem, finally sole my heil headphones for twenty dollars
, bought the ones advertised in QST for forty nine dollars and everything is
fine....impedance of heil does not match rig.

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're
headed!! Susan Meckley, Skipper W7KFI-mm  AFA9SM                         USSV
DHARMA