Guido,

Since the normal base to emitter voltage on the PA transistors self
limits at about 0.63 volts, the best way to check the bias voltage is to
remove the PA transistors and measure it.  With the PA transistors out,
if the base voltage during a TUNE is between  0.6 and 0.63 volts, then
Q11 and Q13 are doing their job and you have faulty PA transistors.

For proper heatsinking, yes the PA transistors must fit flat against the
heatsink.  Before soldering the PA transistors in place, I position them
on their mounting hardware and secure them temporarily with a nut (no
lockwasher, no thermal pad).  That places the tab parallel with the RF
board.
Solder the transistors and remove the nuts - add the thermal pads and
mount the heatsink.

73,
Don W3FPR