> All of my hamshack equipment is on a single outlet.  This has me
> wondering whether a good quality connection between the entry panel
> SPG and the neutral *at the outlet* (it is less than two feet from
> the entry panel) would approach or achieve the objective of helping
> everything to rise and fall together.

In the U.S., tying the service entry common ground/neutral bond back to the
shack outlet neutral is a code violation.  However, I see nothing in the NEC
that prohibits an alternate grounding conductor to be added to the ground
screw on a receptacle.  Still, I wouldn't do this unless you have reason to
believe there's a high resistance between the receptacle ground point and
the serving panel.

If you're going through the trouble of adding a ground conductor, I would
studying code-compliant station grounding methods as shown on the K9YC and
W8JI websites.

After establishing an effective station ground and if there's still a
concern relating to the rise and fall potential created by surges on the
grounding conductor in the shack, consider adding a whole-house surge
suppressor only at the main entrance panel and not a sub-panel.  Also, the
best method of adding secondary surge suppression on a branch circuit is not
through the use of so-called "three modes of protection" MOV devices.
Instead, consider using only single-mode to neutral protection.  The better
units store the surge energy through a high C component and bleed the surge
to neutral, rather than ground.  They're expensive units.  SurgeX and
Brickwall are two manufacturers using this technology.

Paul, W9AC