Neil,

The resistance is not critical, so if you have a resistor (of any
tolerance) between 4.7k and 6.8k on hand use that.

Did you have a tan envelope on the package with the 8 jumpers for the
microphone configuration header?  If so, look very carefully in that
envelope, the resistor can get twisted inside and will not fall out -
tear the envelope open if necessary.

73,
Don W3FPR