The moral of Rob's example below is that PR should not be done by
sequential choice.

That's why PAV is superior to sequential PAV, for another example.

Since STV is a sequential choice method, it is essentially a bailing wire
and string kluge that may be good enough for government work, but should
be avoided in serious applications.

Forest