At 01:27 PM 10/29/2003, you wrote:
Well, finding a set of scores that reflect the way the election was decided is
not hard. For example, using beatpath scores of each loser against the winner
works. The real trick is finding a set of scores that convey information you
actually care about.

Well, I have nothing against using beatpaths if the scores really do represent the way the results are tabulated (except that I must admit, I've yet to quite understand how to work that method into my code .. I will look into it further unless I first hit upon something that is really really easy to code and works really well :) ). I have heard your suggestion of instead using the pairwise score against the winner, but don't feel it meets my criteria of being consistant with the logic used for determining ranking order. I prefer not have something that is "use this method, unless a certain case happens that causes a noticable conflict and then fall back on a completely different system".

-rob