On Mar 10, 2004, at 4:41 PM, Philippe Errembault wrote:
The biggest problem I see is, who gets to define the rules for what
gets decided at which level?  If the authority for that is too
dispersed, you get a logjam.  If too centralized, you risk devaluing
certain levels which would seemingly defeat the whole purpose of the
arrangement.

Yes, ok. that can be a problem. I suggest the following strategy :
- Decision are taken a the top level,
- if citizen disagree with a decion, they can change their representaion at any time
- If representatives think they are not sure about a decision, then they report the qusetion to the n-1 level.

Hmm, that sounds like a recipe for chaotic behavior - if there's too many links, potentially one small change can disrupt things at any time. Of course, it might be a fun and worthwhile computer simulation to see what constraints would be necessary to guarantee some measure of stability.

-- Ernie P.