At 8:50 PM +0000 8/31/04, Rob Brown wrote:
Instead of the voters having to rank candidates, they just vote like they do
today, for a single candidate.  But each candidate would provide the list of
second choice candidates.  So if I vote for Nader, I am automatically voting
for a ranked choice list, with Nader at the top, but which is Nader's idea of
who else would be the best alternative choices.

Has anyone ever proposed such a thing?

Yes.

With software, providing such a feature would be trivial. Each candidate could provide their preferred ranking, a Political Party could provide theirs, various political groups could provide theirs, etc.

The voter could select one of these rankings or would always have the option of doing it themselves...some voters will take the time to educate themselves.

-- == Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 === "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu == Insults, like violence, are the last refuge of the incompetent... === ---- Election-methods mailing list - see http://electorama.com/em for list info