At 2:43 PM -0700 10/6/04, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
Paul, I don't think anyone is saying you 'must' support MAM, or that everyone will like it. If so, I agree that's silly.

I think the statement being made is that -- even given an unusual series of cyclic ties like this -- MAM gives an outcome least objectionable to the greatest number of people. Not unobjectionable, just least objectionable.

Well said!

The question I am curious about is whether you can think of a *better* system that would be more acceptable, or whether you just dislike the fact that MAM isn't perfect?

Good question.