I perceive that there is a convention out in the world, perhaps used in scholarly writing and probably in other communication, of writing the expansion of an acronym with its first usage. The most common form goes something like this:
... and then My Cool Acronym (MCA) will save the world by ...
Henceforth, we should reasonably be able to refer to "MCA" without ambiguity or confusion. I think that this convention is helpful and generally Right and Good.

OR
AFAICT, there is an accepted convention on acronym usage. IMNSHO it is a good one. TTYL, YHBT, HAND.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/