Last posts on Round Robins discussed what happens on sports Round Robins if there is a tie for first - thinking that their solution might be useful in voting:
Tournament sponsor BETTER have set up a plan ahead of time - of which I found some via Yahoo!
What follows explains why I see us continuing to develop our elections plans, rather than copying.

After looking, I LIKE sports Round Robins tournaments as a base BUT, EACH VOTER ranks candidates and conducts a tournament among all candidates, in which wins are based on:
Both candidates ranked - ranking selects winner.
One candidate ranked - and wins for loser not playing.
Neither candidate ranked - so no game and no score.

At end of season (election), all tournament results are added together to determine season winner. It is here that cycles can occur.

From another post:

Second, Ralph Suter wrote:
The only problem with IRR is when there is no Condorcet winner.
But as far as I know, elections with no CW are totally theoretical.
For them to happen would require voters to seriously confused
about their preferences for different candidates.

I see no confusion in the following:
A and B have serious believers, so that their 65>35 split is expected.
C is much like B, but says SOMETHING in a way that sells a majority of B backers 33>32.
35 A
32 B
33 C>B

A>C 35>33
C>B 33>32
B>A 65>35

Two reasons for providing for cycles:
     They can happen, so be prepared.
     If not prepared, you tempt fate too much, and better expect them.
--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    people.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
                 If you want peace, work for justice.