I would just like to point out that median rating is to range voting as Bucklin is to Borda.

This was noted back in the days when we first considered Majority Choice Approval (Bucklin based on CR ballots of resolution 3), and were exploring to see if there might be any fruitful generalization to higher resolution CR ballots.

Since "Social Utility" is not a method, but is one probe for gauging a method, why not publish both Mean SU, and Median SU, as well as standard deviations and interquartile distances for the performance of various methods in simulations?

Forest