Mike, thanks for the excellent summary of Approval strategies.

I wasn't trying to be all inclusive, because my goal was limited to automatic computation of approval cutoffs for insertion into ranked and rated ballots in some kind of Declared Strategy Voting scheme.

This scheme, in turn, was for the purpose of transforming "lottery methods" into deterministic methods.

Since lotteries come with winning probabilities for the candidates, I considered these probabilities to be available.

The other strategies that you outlined are definitely more useful to the voters who must supply thir own approval cutoffs.

Forest