That people intend for or expect Plurality and Approval to fail CC is my impression, an impression that you might or might not share. I suggest it rather than assert it as fact.

All I said was that that impression was what guided my definition of pCC. Feel free to disagree with that impression.

Russ was asserting it as obvious fact, and even, to prove it, posted an academic definition that gave no indication or hint that any such nonrank-failure-rule was intended! :-) The purpose of posting that definition is anyone's guess.

Mike Ossipoff