Hello Ken,

Nice ideas. Correlation seems like a useful tool that could be applied also elsewhere than with Borda. It sure is more natural (and wider) than the normal clone definitions (unfortunately not as simple but of course so are peoples' opinions).

Borda has some problems with strategic voting (e.g. burying the worst competitor at the end of the list). But also voting methods that are intended for honest men (that you mentioned) are interesting and useful too.

Since I mentioned the usefulness of honest men dependent "sincere" methods I'll give also one example. Strategic voting related defensive requirements could be relaxed when a group of experts vote on what shares to buy with their joint money. All want to take the benefit of each others' expertise (and have no interest in pushing their own (maybe limited) viewpoints through). In this case (more "sincerity dependent") voting methods like Borda or sum of ratings may be the best choice.