On May 9, 2008, at 0:29 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

There needs to be some system for providing an incentive for people to give their honest ratings. A random system with trading seems like a reasonable solution.

I see elections that elect different candidates with different probabilities as a special class of election methods. Therefore also for this challenge I'm interested in finding best solutions for both cases, probability based and deterministic election of the candidate that is considered best. (Roughly the question is if one wants to give Stalin and other unwanted fellows a small probability to become elected or a zero probability.)

It would be good to have methods that do not necessarily elect the majority winners but are more compromise oriented. And it would be good to have methods that are able to use (relatively) sincere ratings as input.

Juho

___________________________________________________________ All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html