Good Morning, Raph

Thank you for posting my letter.

I suspect we are seeing the process differently. In my view, candidates can only stand for election in a single district and the only candidates the electorate will consider are those seeking election from their district: "I'm Honest Joe, and I'm seeking election from the July 3rd/July 8th district."

OK, we'll need a less cumbersome district naming convention, but that's the idea.

I agree that, as you say, it is a 'pure majority system' but it is a majority of 1/73rd of a diverse cross-section of an electorate of 4,000,000. In such an situation, there would be no 'safe' seats.

Fred