Dear Jobst,

Thanks for your clarifications, especially the key words, "...that do not
approve X at least as strongly."

Can we summarize the operational meaning of a rating R for X more simply than
the following?

If you rate option X at a level R, then, provided X is the option with the
"greatest potential for compromise"
(among those options that remain to be considered) you certify your willingness
to give your vote to X as
long as no more than R of the remaining ballots fail to give their vote to X.

"Greatest Potential for Compromise" is to be measured by the number of
(remaining?) ballots that give
partial approval.

Alternatively, we could say that option X has the maximum potential for
compromise when R(X) (defined
below) is minimal:

For each option X, let R(X) be the minimum of the set of R such that at most R
of the (remaining?) ballots
approve X at a level of R or below.

Would any of these variations (remaining vs original or R(X) vs partial
approval) in defining max potential for
compromise, destroy monotonicity?

EC6 is good, or perhaps FC6, for Fair Chance Choice with Controlled Cooperation
for Consensus
or Compromise.

Thanks,

Forest