I wrote:

> One thing that I did not cover explicitly is how to handle equality. I guess
> it is ok not to require clones to be separated from others but just require
> them to be next to each others. What I mean is that if A and B are the only
> clones and there are three candidates {A, B, C}, then e.g. a bullet vote A
> would be ok since we consider A>B=C to be clone compliant enough although A
> is here better than B, and C is equal to B (i.e. closer to B in some sense).

I should have covered also the other option of forcing clones to be separated
from each others here since that may well be required in some methods. For
example in multi-winner elections it is natural that support to one of the
clone members always means support to all members of that group. In this case a
bullet vote to A would be complemented to A>B>C (to show the separation between
{A, B} and {C}) and not to A>B=C.

This way of handling ties would change also one line in the pseudocode that I
gave. In this case it would be as follows.

- the preference relation after a clone set will be always a > relation (e.g.
A1>A2=B>A3 becomes A1>A2>A3>B, i.e. "=B" will be changed to ">B" to separate
the clone set from other candidates)

Maybe this second option should be kept as the default option since it is
safer. It limits the set of allowed votes a bit but it meets better the needs
of all methods.

Juho